Redness of the skin after depilation together with the appearance of unpleasant itching, burning and small pimples are the main symptoms of irritation. This problem can appear on any part of the body, but it is especially troublesome in sensitive areas. There are many ways to get rid of irritation, but they are effective only if they are used immediately. If you do not start treating unpleasant symptoms immediately, the inflammatory process will develop, which will be very difficult to cope with.
Severe aftershave in the intimate area can occur for many reasons. Most often the problem is caused by:
- shaving without prior preparation of the skin (cleansing, steaming);
- neglect of special gels and foams;
- using low-quality machine or machine with blunt blades;
- using talcum powder;
- daily thorough shaving;
- hair removal against their growth;
- skin sensitivity;
- individual features of hair;
- the presence of ingrown hairs;
- lack of adequate care after the procedure.
Unpleasant symptoms are exacerbated if the woman is used to wearing tight synthetic underwear, as the skin in delicate areas sweats and rubbed when walking. As a result, irritation turns into inflammation, often leaving behind ugly scars and age spots.
If the trouble is observed after each depilation, you should think about how to avoid irritation in the intimate area. First of all, you should review and adjust your actions during shaving:
- Choose only quality razors with sharp blades. It is desirable to give preference to machines with gel strips that facilitate gliding.
- For depilation of armpits, intimate areas, arms and legs need different razors.
- If the hair in the intimate area is too long, before the procedure, be sure to cut it with scissors.
- Do not neglect the process of preparing the skin - it should be well cleaned and steamed. Shaving after a bath or shower is considered optimal.
- Do not perform the procedure without a special gel or foam - they provide a good glide and prevent the appearance of unpleasant symptoms.
- Move the razor only in the direction of hair growth and try not to hold on the same area more than twice.
- After shaving, wash off the remnants of foam and fine hair with warm water, and then apply a soothing lotion on the skin, which does not contain alcohol.
- In between treatments, use moisturizers and periodically scrub the skin.
Equally important is the posture.selected for depilation. The treated area must be fully accessible and clearly visible (for this, it is desirable to stock up on a mirror). Do not press hard on the razor - the smaller the machine will come into contact with the skin, the lower the likelihood of microdamages and subsequent irritation.
If there are still cuts in delicate areas, they should be immediately sanitized with chlorhexidine or with peroxide and allowed to dry for a while in the air. Untreated wounds under clothes will drag on for a very long time.
The rules for shaving the intimate area in men are exactly the same as in women, with the difference that it is necessary to stretch the skin of the depilated areas well (to avoid cuts) and take special care when removing hair in the scrotum.
Remedy for irritation
If you could not avoid irritation after depilating the bikini area, use proven methods to eliminate unpleasant symptoms.
In the pharmacy and specialty stores You can purchase effective and very budgetary funds that will help you quickly get rid of the problem:
- Chlorhexidine - is a mere penny, indispensable for any skin lesions (sores, cracks, inflammation). A cotton pad is plentifully moistened with the preparation and rub the irritated areas, after which a moisturizing agent is applied.
- Miramistin is a more expensive counterpart of the previous drug. It has a wide spectrum of action (in particular, it is suitable for use in the oral cavity) and the presence of a spray bottle on the bottle. Miramistin is applied to damaged areas with a sprayer.
- Panthenol - contributes to the active restoration of the mucous and skin, reduces inflammation, redness and peeling. It is possible to use means with panthenol both for treatment, and with the preventive purpose. To eliminate irritation, apply the preparation on cleansed skin and leave until completely absorbed (10-15 minutes). It is better to wait a little longer with putting on the clothes.
- Boro Plus is an Ayurvedic remedy that can be purchased at pharmacies and cosmetic stores. There are two types of the drug - with green and purple inserts on the tubes. Both species contain extracts of medicinal plants, have an antiseptic effect and quickly relieve irritation. However, it should be borne in mind that the drug has a very oily consistency, so it is best to apply it overnight, and in the morning to treat the skin with a means of a lighter texture.
- Neosporin - ointment that promotes healing of minor cuts and scratches. It prevents infection and the development of inflammatory processes. The drug is applied to cleansed skin and leave until completely absorbed.
- Solcoseryl - especially popular tool that eliminates the unpleasant consequences of depilation. The ointment is applied to the damaged areas in the morning and evening.
- Tea tree oil - possesses antimicrobial and wound-healing effect, prevents inflammatory processes. You should know that essential oils can not be used in its pure form - you need to add 2-3 drops in a small amount of lotion or low-fat cream, and only then apply the product to the skin. It is better to apply oil after a shower when skin is well steamed.
If you can not visit the pharmacy, eliminate the effects of depilation will help folk methods:
- Wipe the damaged area of the skin with a clean sheet of aloe - this will accelerate the healing of wounds. Repeat the procedure should be 3-4 times a day (and more often, if possible).
- An infusion of medicinal herbs (sage, succession, chamomile) copes well with inflammation. You can use as a ready-made pharmaceutical charges, and plants, plucked independently. A tablespoon of herbs is poured onto 250 ml of boiling water and infused for an hour, after which a piece of clean cotton fabric is moistened in broth and applied to the inflamed area for 15-20 minutes.
- Pour a tablespoon of freshly chopped parsley with a glass of boiling water and infuse for 30 minutes. The finished infusion is filtered, moistened in it a piece of cotton fabric and impose on irritated zones.
- Mix 1 tbsp. l chilled sour cream with a teaspoon of olive oil and lubricate the skin in intimate areas. After 10 minutes, the sour cream mask is washed off with warm water and a moisturizing agent is applied.
If no means helps to overcome irritation and you encounter such a problem after each shave, you should not wait until the skin forms scars and age spots - better find an alternative method of depilation.