Today we will talk about unedged manicure at home
If you consider yourself a real woman, you will definitely take care of neatly treated nails. But did you know that they can look perfect without trimming the cuticle? Today we will talk about unedged manicure at home. So let's get started.
Types of unedged manicure
This technique can be performed in several ways:
- Dry method without prior maceration. It is used in cases when there is simply no time for steaming hands. But it is suitable only for owners of healthy and flexible nails. Fragile nails after dry treatment immediately begin to exfoliate.
- Brazilian spa manicure. Similar to the previous one. The only difference is that before processing, a cream is applied to the hands for a while and gloves are put on. After that, it is much easier to process the skin, and softened nails do not break when trimming.
- Wet way. Moisturize the skin in water. For its softening and hand care lotions and oils are added to the bath.
- Hot manicure. Ideal for brittle nails. With this method, the skin is not steamed out in water, but heated to 50 ° C cream or a special lotion. For the convenience of the procedure, you can purchase an elektro-dress With this method, the cuticle softens even without a gel, and it can be easily removed and brushed off.
- Hardware For processing the cuticle and nail polishing a special grinder with nozzles is used. You can buy it for home use.
Unedged manicure can be done in several ways, but its peculiarity is that the cuticle is not trimmed with scissors.
Tip! Did you know that after a wet or hot manicure you can not immediately apply a varnish? Otherwise, it will not last long. After all, moisturized nails, absorbing moisture, change their size and expand, and after complete drying take on their original shape. That is why varnish and begins to quickly crack.
Pros and cons of the procedure
This type of manicure has a lot merits:
- the lack of even the slightest opportunity to infect the infection - because it does not use any sharp manicure tools;
therefore, it can be done even if you have poor immunity and your wounds do not heal well;
- it is a real salvation for girls with thin and very sensitive skin;
- over time, the smoker grows more and more slowly, so the hands will remain well-groomed for more than one week;
- Unedged manicure at home (see photo), in contrast to the usual, does not require special skills and takes a minimum of time.
In addition to the benefits, like any procedure, the European manicure has minuses:
- for women with rough skin, it is better not to use it, as completely removing the cuticle will be problematic;
- the first few weeks due to the fact that the skin is used to frequent pruning, the hands will look sloppy, so it is better to switch to an unedged manicure during holidays or vacations;
- cuticle removers may cause irritation;
- At first it is necessary to cut the burrs in the corners of the nails;
- This technique is absolutely not suitable for extended nails.
The main advantage of the procedure is the absence of even the smallest possibility to infect the infection, because it does not use any sharp manicure tools.
Tip! To manicure lasted as long as possible, treat your nails before applying a protective base of varnish, and after drying it - a glossy finish.
How to choose a cuticle remover?
Such tools (remuvers) are available in the form of pencils, liquids or gels. They may contain alkaline potassium hydroxide or sodium hydroxide, by means of which the dead skin of the cuticle is quickly destroyed. More benign are products made from plants with alpha-hydroxy acids. They do not destroy the skin, but only remove the glue-like substances from it that hold it. According to reviews, unedged manicure at home is best done with quality tools such as El Corazon and Shillak.
After treatment, the horny skin around the nail is removed very easily and painlessly with a special wooden stick. In addition, the substance contained in them, does not form cracks on the skin, so over time you will no longer suffer and cut the burrs. Since such agents are potent and can affect the condition of the skin, they should be applied no more than once a week.
Alkaline potassium hydroxide or sodium hydroxide may be included in the composition of tools for unedged manicure, by means of which dead skin of the cuticle is quickly destroyed.
Important! Alkaline hydrokides of potassium and sodium can cause dry skin, so keep such compositions on the skin for a long time is not worth it. Be sure to thoroughly wash your hands under the tap after treatment.
What tools and tools will you need?
Believe me, the technique of doing unedged manicure at home is simple, even for beginners. We will need a minimum of tools:
- regular hand cream;
- nail scissors;
- scissors with rounded ends;
- nourishing oil to give skin elasticity;
- pusher (metal tool with blades at the ends) or orange
- stick to move the cuticle;
- cuticle remover;
- nail file with a larger abrasive;
- special soft nail file with small abrasive or buff for polishing nails;
- biowax for polishing.
The technique of performing unedged manicure at home is simple even for beginners.
Tip! If you did not have at hand a complete manicure set, for a start, you can use the usual one-time set of sticks and files.
Manicure orange stick
I would like to tell about this wonderful instrument, invented in France, separately. Outwardly unpretentious modest stick of orange tree - the perfect tool for processing the cuticle. After all, this type of wood is very dense, but it does not stratify at all, so it does not even injure sensitive skin.
Outwardly, this tool resembles a thickened toothpick and is also pointed, but only from one end. It is inexpensive, so we advise you to take note of it. After all, some procedures without it, especially unedged manicure, are hard to imagine. Another important advantage of such a stick is the presence of antiseptic substances contained in its wood.
Tip!For the most sensitive skin, you can buy orange sticks with rubber tips.
Externally unpretentious modest stick of orange tree - the perfect tool for processing the cuticle
With this tool spend:
- shifting the cuticle: it is the main tool for processing nails without trimming;
- removal of the softened cuticle treated with a special gel or cream;
- cleansing the inner surface of the nails;
- sticker tips (plastic parts that mimic the nails) when building;
- lay out acrylic material and biogel;
- removal of accrued nails;
- decoration: art painting or application of small parts, applications, sparkles and rhinestones.
Tip! After the procedure, orange sticks should be immediately discarded and not reused. After all, a soft tree quickly absorbs dirt and remnants of fat deposits.
Stages of implementation
We describe in detail and step by step the execution of unedged manicure at home:
Depending on the technique chosen, the skin is steamed in water or cream or remains dry.
- Before the procedure, the old varnish must be removed.
- Depending on the technique chosen, the skin is steamed in water or cream or remains dry.
- In the locations of a cuticle the cream or gel is distributed. On one nail enough drops.
- Now gently rub the tool with an orange stick. It is more convenient to use the widest (they are numbered in thickness).
- The time it holds on the nails is always indicated on the package. As a rule, it is no more than 5 minutes.
- The gel or varnish is washed with running water.
- Any nourishing oil is applied to the cuticle.
- With careful movements of the orange stick, the cuticle moves to the very edge of the nail.
- The skin around the nails is cut or filed with a diamond file.
- It remains only to process the nails with a nail file, and then polish it.
Any nourishing oil is applied to the cuticle. The neat movements of the orange stick cuticle moves to the very edge of the nail
Tip! Do not apply nail polish immediately after treatment. First, lubricate them with any nourishing cream or essential oil and leave for some time. Let your marigold back up with beneficial substances.
Buff or wax nail polish
Nails treated with a nail file with a soft abrasive, buff or wax look healthier and well-groomed. Even to the touch they become smooth. This procedure helps to align the nails with grooves and irregularities.
Means for alignment before applying the varnish is no longer needed.
Remarkably keeps on nails and a varnish after such procedure:
- Naturally, varnish must be removed before polishing.
- Outwardly, the buff looks like a small bar, each side of which is covered with an abrasive - from medium to very small (micro). As a rule, the parties are numbered for convenience.
After sanding, nails are treated with a bio-wax containing silicone and paraffin, as well as nutrients
- You can polish your nails with a special nail file. Since it is much softer than usual and very often performed on a paper basis, it should not be wetted.
The movements of the tool should be directed only in one direction from the center of the nail plate to its sides. Work in different directions is not worth it, otherwise the nail will wag.
- After sanding, nails are treated with a bio-wax containing silicone and paraffin, as well as nutrients. A small amount of the composition applied to each nail and small movements nail file or buff gently rubbed.
- Since biovosk fills even the smallest cracks, nails after processing just look perfect.
Tip! Regular polishing of nails helps to stimulate blood circulation, improves their condition and accelerates growth. However, to abuse this procedure and remove too much of the nail layer is not worth it, otherwise you will get the opposite effect.
How often do you need to do unedged manicure?
Skin regeneration in each person occurs in different ways. It depends on the general condition of the body. However, in any case, unedged manicure is required to be performed less often than usual - about once every 2 weeks. For delicate skin, treatment once a month is enough. So just watch your hands. They themselves tell you it's time to repeat the procedure.
However, in any case, unedged manicure is required to be performed less often than usual - about once every 2 weeks.
Tip! So that after removing the bright lacquer the skin does not stain, apply any cream, preferably a greasy cream, on the hands before the procedure.
Olga, 27 years old: She switched to unedged manicure for about 2 months. At first, my hands were already scratching the cuticle. Now it is growing, of course, but already with a neat, even strip, without chipping. Girls, be sure to use lemon to power the nails. He also whitens the nails. Just grease them periodically with a slice of lemon.
Katerina, 41: Previously spent on such procedures up to 1500 p. per month. Now I’m only buying a cuticle remover (the most expensive one costs about 500 rubles, but it lasts a long time). Moreover, the hands look even better than after trimming, because even the smallest barbs are removed.
Lydia, 19 years old: I could not go to this type of manicure - I did not have enough patience. It's almost a month to walk like a bum with untreated hands. In short, tolerated, tolerated and spat. She learned to work at home with ordinary tweezers.
This procedure is easy to do yourself at home.
Olga, 31: Naturally, it takes time to switch to unedged. But then no problem. Gently and without blood. I also tried to do a manicure at home, as there is absolutely no time for salons. Yes, and there is often cut, but I fear any infection to death.
Galina, 22 years old: My skin is not so tender. But I do unedged without problems. After all, the cuticle is still removed by a remuver. And over time, my skin around the nails became thinner and somehow more elastic, or something.
Lianna, 21: This is because there are masters who cut the cuticle almost bones. Therefore, it becomes rude. As soon as I changed the interior, the cuticles immediately began to grow more slowly, and the skin around the nails stopped being rude. Now, too, I plan to switch to unedged.
Elena Sergeevna, 26 years old: I, too, at first, the cuticle is very overgrown. Fitted immediately after a shower, while the skin is still steaming, gently move it. Well and remuver, of course, a couple of times a month. Now almost imperceptibly this "fringe" around the nails.